The August GoodieBoxes are out and I am impressed! Some of you may remember I was feeling happy, but not amazed with last months box. However this months box has made me sure of keeping my subscription. If you are stilling waiting for yours in the post, stop now! Spoiler alert! If you are curious about what was inside or want to know more about GoodieBox then read on my beauty loving friend.
♥ What was inside?
- Revlon Just bitten Kissable Balm Stain (full size) – I have almost brought one of these sooo many times so I am super stoked that it was in this months box. It is as good as I had hoped and I’m probably going to go out and buy another in a dark purple.
- Ecostore Extra Moisturising Body Lotion (sample) – Haven’t tried this one yet as I’d like to hold on to it for travelling. I’ve never tried any Ecostore products so I’m looking forward to cracking it open, however my Instagram friend said it smells weird.
- Angel Argan Active Oxygen Instant Repair Shampoo & Conditioner (2 sample packs) – I really liked that there were two sets of sample packs so I can at least get two washes from it.
- Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes (mini pack) – Super handy little pack for handbags, cars and travelling. I thought this was a nice addition to the box.
- Glamourflage Halo Helen Facial Cleanser (full size) – This smells so yummy! Like fresh green apples on a sunny day. I haven’t heard of this brand before, but really like the cute packaging and like I said, just couldn’t stop sniffing it cause it smelt so good.
- Comvita Manuka Pure Hydrating Night Moisturiser (sample size) – I’m currently trying to settle on a night cream/moisturiser so I am keen to give this a go. It also came with a 25% off voucher to use at their online store.
♥ What have I tried?
So far I have tried the Revlon Lip Balm Stain and the Angel argan shampoo & conditioner and have loved them both. The Lip stain is a beautiful bubble gum pink which is moisturising, not too sticky and gave long lasting lip colour. The argan shampoo didn’t lather up so much, but for some reason, whether true or not that corresponds to me as ‘less chemicals therefore better for my hair’ – so it was great! The conditioner felt nice in my hair and left it feeling soft and lovely. The shampoo and conditioner had a kind of tree sap smell, which sounds gross but it was actually nice and made me feel all natural.
♥ Overall thoughts
I really, really liked this box! I thought it had a good overall range of products and they were all good quality items. There were two full size products and 4 sample sized products plus the discount code making it well worth the cost. I do wish these boxes were more makeup and body based rather than often including many facial skin care products. But this is quite a selfish opinion as I am just really happy with my skin care routine at the moment and don’t want to be trying new things.
Did you get a GoodieBox this month? What did you think of it?