This month it was actually really difficult to chose just a few favourites because I’ll be honest, I’ve been on a bit of a spree. The kind of spree where each day you come home from work and there’s a little package waiting to be opened. And although I possibly don’t own up to all of those packages, (“oh what, oh that tiny package? Nah, that’s just something I ordered aaaaages ago”) I can definitely say that a package a day makes a beauty blogger’s month of May!
- Wella Professionals Hair Care: My hair has recently been in need of some serious TLC so my hairdresser got me some new goodies, and so far they are working out super well. I’m currently using the strengthening shampoo for vulnerable hair and the enrich moisturising conditioner. The enrich conditioner is the craziest thing, it begins to warm up once you squeeze some product on to your hand, so you get a conditioning heat treatment at the same time – loving it!
- Coconut Oil from Iherb: I ordered this coconut oil recently to refill my stocks, it was only $6.68 off iherb.com and I’m enjoying trying out new uses for it. As I type right now, I have it in my hair and I just used it to take my eye make up off, possibly one of the biggest multi-purpose trending products of 2014.
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment: I have lusted over this face mask for a long time now, so it was a treat to finally have it in my possession. The way it draws the oil out of your skin is fascinating and skin changing. A full review will be up soon – and trust me it was worth the wait.
- Eye of Horus Natural Mascara: One of the most difficult things for me about being make up obsessed and wanting to try everything is that I can’t try mascaras. In the past I have reacted very, very badly to different kinds of eye products (googley eyed goldfish style, not even joking), so I am extremely careful about what mascara I use. I actually won this mascara and it is probably the best thing I have ever won in my life. Not only is it natural, with minimal ingredients and made for sensitive skin, it’s amazing! I am now looking at ordering the liquid eye liner from the same range.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer: I had really high hopes for this product, so high that I purchased two in my most recent drug store haul despite never even trying it – I am definitely not disappointed. It’s a smooth silicon based primer which goes perfectly under my everyday make up and heavier night time looks.
- E.L.F Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose: This is the first nude lip colour that I think actually really works with my skin tone and natural lip colour. It glides on easily, has reasonable staying power and as with all e.l.f it’s cheap and accessible. It is also the perfect dupe for Kylie Jenner’s new trend lip look – what to know more about how to get Kylies make up looks? Click here!
Hope you have enjoyed my May favourites! Tell me, what have been your favourite products of the month just passed?